Friday, July 15, 2011

Let Love Grow.

Hello, Hello! I do apologize for how long it has been since I last posted for you lovely people out there. Before I begin this post, let me go ahead and explain the reasoning for it ha. I am posting this little blog for one of my classes at Georgia Southern. Shout out to Miss Douberly! I wasn't sure what current event to write about, but this story stuck out to me. The idea to grow food that is not only good for you, but also so inexpensive is a great idea if you ask me! My grandmother has always grown vegetables in her garden. Her garden is beautiful! She has always been so proud of it, and uses what she grows when she cooks for our family.


A true Southern Belle, that woman is! I had never considered how much she had been saving until I saw this article, though? If more people used their spare time to raise their own produce how efficient would that be? I think the idea is wonderful, and was very impressed in the care the Hirshberg's expressed for others in their previous situation. People like the Hirshberg family will be the ones who truly make a difference in the world. Their contributions were small, but have already made huge impacts in the lives of others who needed the care of others to be expressed to them. I want to use this time to challenge any one who reads this article to do a little "pay it forward" work this week. Show someone else some love, whether you know them or not. Everyone needs a little helps sometimes. I know sometimes the thing I need the most is help, but my stubbornness gets in the way of my asking for help. I think that this article stressed some valid points and I really enjoyed hearing this story. I hope yawl did, too!

Here is the link to the video:
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/07/14/cnnheroes.hirshberg.cnn

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. The disclaimer is really cute. Will be following. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete